Godiva Facta Settlement
- Obtain more details about the Dr. David S. Muransky v. Godiva Chocolatier, Inc. class action lawsuit
- Claims can be filed online anytime before June 23, 2019
- This is case number 0:15-cv-60716-WPD
The Goldiva Facta Settlement includes anyone who made a purchase at a Godiva store in the United States using a credit card or debit card between May 6, 2013 and June 20, 2019. The case is pending in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida and the settlement pot is more than 6 million dollars. GODIVA Facta Settlement class members claim the company violated the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act, 15 U.S.C. §1681c(g)(1), et seq. (“FACTA”) when they printed receipt that showed the last 5 digits of the customer’s credit card.
Godiva Facta Settlement Comments
- Godiva denies Plaintiff’s allegations and denies any wrongdoing whatsoever but has agreed to a $6.3 million dollar settlement to aovid a lenghty trial
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on June 21, 2019 at 2:00 PM CST
- Claim forms can be printed online
- Class members who are mailing claim forms should send them to: Muransky v. Godiva Chocolatier Claims Administrator, P.O. Box 43403, Providence, RI 02940-3403
- All exclusions and objections to the Godiva Facta Settlement are due by June 23, 2019
- Experts in the case predict that each
- Judge William P. Dimitrouleas will be in charge of case Dr. David S. Muransky v. Godiva Chocolatier, Inc.
- All settlement payments will come in the form of a check
Please note class members do not have to hire a lawyer as the court has already appointed Scott D. Owens and Bret Lusskin to represent all class members who file valid claims (they will receive a cut of the settlement pot which will be around $2,100,000). The Godiva Facta settlement hearing will take place at U.S. Federal Building and Courthouse, 299 East Broward Boulevard, Courtroom 205F, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301 (class members are NOT required to attend in order to collect a settlement).